I was digging through some ooold v1 files because I need to go through and update the mods that I've made so that I can put them up for download, and I stumbled across one of many, many unfinished projects. But it's my favorite one so I'm picking it back up. So, what is it? I'll tell you what it is!
IT'S A BRAND NEW CAR MULE
Pretty sure this was like the final thing I hexed on a v1 before I became a fileholder, but all I had were the PW Dummy files I made, 'cause I couldn't quite work out what I needed to transfer over to the original file. Now I know, but I still need a little help. Mainly because I keep running into small problems I don't quite know enough about to fix.
Kind of like this. Except I know what to do to fix this.
orrr maybe not.
I've made it a no-grow for now so that I can try and sort out what the problem with the hips is, but if anyone knows how to fix the foal thing I'd appreciate it! In my experience people generally do not enjoy their horses not growing.
EDIT: I couldn't get the butt or hips to move at all from their current state so I copied and pasted the original shapers from the regular v1 file and after moving the croup up a bit I got it to where I'm mostly satisfied. I've done a redline of what I think would look best.
I sort of need to move the hips forward I think, and then shift the belly balls down a little to de-roach the back and better define the barrel?
I definitely agree with the redlines! I think the foal problem is solved by going through and enlarging the ballz that have shrunk down. :[ It's super tedious but it's the only way I've been able to fix foals that do that.
I'll be watching this. I don't really know anything about mules so I'm probably useless when it comes to confo suggestions but omg, omg omg omg.
From what I've read from the mule breeding and training websites I was looking at they actually look very horse-like from the withers back, except that their tails can be more sparse than a horse's tail generally is, and their hooves are shaped more like a donkey's than a horse, and they tend to be camped under(? this might've just been the pics I was looking at had them standing funny for some reason) and have narrower backs than most horses. So I guess probably what I should've done was take the ears, head, neck and tail and transferred them over and left everything else alone, but I didn't see a whole lot of fun to be gained in that. plus, this way I've mostly been using LNZ to hex and I finally feel like I understand the addballs section lol
I think I'm officially too tired to do any more tonight this morning, so I'll just leave this here.
EDIT: After some flip-flopping around trying to decide what pics of mules are good and which are terrible by all standards, I've decided to go with modeling my mule after the mules on Hawleywoods website, because they have by far the best examples of saddle mules and they set the standard for halter mules with Maynard's Miss Sheba who is super nice to look at.